Friday, August 04, 2006

I Dream of Being an Underwear Model

So, you know that dream where you're somewhere important, but you're in your underwear? I had that dream a few nights ago. Normally, this wouldn't be such an odd thing, except for the following:

  • It was at my old job, a department store in the mall. I was hiding next to the shoe department and hoping no one would see me.

  • An stodgy, uptight, Jehovah's-Witness-type-religious friend from high school was with me. I haven't seen him in seven years.

  • He was also in his underwear.

  • Being in his underwear didn't phase him one bit.

  • Once someone gave me my winter leather jacket, I no longer felt embarrassed about my junk being a sixteenth of an inch of fabric from public display.

  • I haven't had one of these dreams since I was in fourth grade.


I'm going to chalk this one up to a sore back and a rude awakening by a gasoline-powered pressure washer sitting in front of my windows. Hopefully it won't repeat itself.