Sunday, August 20, 2006

Bike Messenger

I'm planning on applying at Scram! Couriers tomorrow for a part time bike messenger job. I basically do nothing on Mondays and Wednesdays before work, so I think it would be a lot of fun to have a reason to bike all over the city. Not to mention getting in great shape, having fun doing it, and hopefully making enough cash to buy myself a new bike.

The bike I've got now is a Giant Sedona ST, and I love it. It's a great bike, and it takes the abuse I throw at it, but it's not made for road conditions. I don't do any mountain biking, and it's a mountain bike. With a top pedaling speed of around 15mph, it's not exactly made to break any speed records--when I go out on a long ride, I like to be able to fly. This bike simply wasn't designed for that.

So, wish me luck. I hope I get the job.