Tuesday, December 19, 2006

An Open Challenge to Meh

There's been a rise in graffiti in Madison over the last few years--nothing particularly serious, just some taggers trying to impress people by writing their pseudonyms all over town.

To be honest, it all looks like shit. I haven't seen anything anywhere in this town that was inspired by anything but four cans of Red Bull and having borrowed Dad's minivan.

Meh has scrawled his tag all over town in a juvenile attempt to make a name for himself. Well, Meh, I've seen your "work"--and it sucks. Simply writing your name all over everything doesn't make you an underground artist, it just makes you a vandal. Here's a chance to redeem yourself.

I hate my car. It's a piece of shit, and it looks the part. So here's my challenge: prove you're not some useless little punk shit by actually making something people want to look at. My car is an open canvas, waiting for you to make your mark.

I drive a black '93 Ford Tempo, and it's parked on or near the 1000 block of Willy St just about every night. Go ahead, do anything you want with it--so long as I can still see through the windows.

I fucking dare you.